Friday, January 7, 2011

I Got A Job, or Should I Say Another Job?

As if I don't do enough, right?  Actually it's quite perfect and fits right into my evil plan to someday conquer the world.  I know y'all think I do too much already, but this really does fit into my master plan.  That is, it would, if I had one.  So I'll stop beating around the bush and get to the point.  I've been offered a job working one day a week for State Senator JB Jennings down in Annapolis.  I start next week.

I'll pause for y'all to recover from the shock and awe. 

This is an amazing opportunity for me to grow professionally, both in experience and contacts.  We all know that in politics, it's not so much about what you know but who you know and their opinion of you.  I don't make the rules, I just hope to benefit from them.  Of course, taking this job is not without it's sacrifices. 

I had to, hold your breath, find childcare.  There, I said it.  Me, the epitome of a stay at home mom, who, granted, never stays at home, but you get my drift.  Even Neil said, "I thought you were dead set against putting the kids in childcare."  I am, and I'm not.  What I can say?  I'm a conflicted woman.  

But this situation works out quite perfectly.  I was able to find a friend, a fellow mom, who was willing to come up every Wednesday and watch my kids.  Here's hoping we're still friends after she spends some quality time with my beloved monsters.  I'll be the first to admit that my kiddos can be a handful (or two).

Of course, by the time I pay for childcare, gas and taxes, I won't actually be bringing home much money, but my main purpose is more about building up my knowledge and contact base.  And I'm selfishly hoping to bring more exposure to Strategic Victory in the process.  In fact, that's really the end goal, to build up the business. 

So what will I be doing?  I'm not entirely sure, but I know I'll be opening mail and packages, which freaked my mom after yesterday's little scare.  Speaking of, I love when my Fox News picks up a local story.  Between the weather and suspicious packages, my mom must think we live in a war zone up here.  But that's not all I'll be doing.  I'll have the unique pleasure of handling communication efforts, which is quite perfect because I happen to be an excellent communicator (at least some of the time). 

Enough news for the day.  I've already over extended myself with two posts in one day, give that I haven't posted otherwise in over a month. 

No comments: