Thursday, March 20, 2008

Escape Route

Isn't it funny how we plan escape routes and emergency plans for natual disasters, but rarely think about them for life's crisis'? Maybe that's why people end up drowning their sorrows in a sea of Jim Beam. Lately, I feel like I've been trying to escape. Luckily I'm not looking to the bottle, though peeling myself off the cold vinyl while hugging the toilet sounds thrilling...just not my style. Instead, I've been watching reruns of fun, chick flicky like tv shows on the internet. I guess living in non-reality is better than facing my reality. But the real question is why? Why do I want to escape? And if I had planned an escape route ahead of time, would I have chosen a better one; maybe a more spiritual one?



During "Safety Week" in school, we'd talk about our family plans for emergencies; fires, tornadoes, burglars, etc... By the way, did you ever wonder why they talk to kids about developing escape routes? I guess so we'd go home and talk to our parents about it. Seriously sometimes adults can be so naive. Anyways, I remember mom detailing a plan on a few occasions. All the drills in the world though can't mimic reality, right?

No comments: