Friday, July 18, 2008

I know, I know, But Bear With Me!

It's the last day of the second week of camp, and we move tomorrow. The craziness is far from over. I'm hoping to be back to my normal daily blogging in two weeks. So I hope you can bear with me through this time of excitement and turmoil. Just to give you a brief update as it is 6:40 and I have to get the kids up and leave for camp in 20 minutes. Yikes. I feel the pressure.

We start packing the truck tomorrow at 4:00 pm at our current house on Cranberry. So if you're not busy, come on over and lend us a hand. We'll return it to you and fill it with a few slices of pizza and a beer or two. On Sunday, the truck (generously provided by my SWF Clare's boyfriend Mat) leaves Cranberry and head to the new home on Hubner in Catonsville. If you're better at unloading than loading, you can meet us there at 9:30 am. Don't worry, you're hands and belly won't walk away empty handed here either. You know I always feed people...it's my thing.

It's so weird to think that I'll be living in a whole new house in an entirely different part of this area. I can't say I ever saw that coming, but I didn't think I'd be pregnant this summer either. Funny how God's plans aren't always ours, but somehow it all works out. I might be exhausted (and in bed by 9 most nights), but I'm making it and having a blast doing it. Camp is awesome. I wish I could share the experience with you all. I can share one story from yesterday. Picture this: I'm wearing my typical Director uniform: polo shirt & denim shorts (maternity of course). I'm driving around on the golf cart breaking down parts of camp we're not using anymore for the rest of the day. And the oldest kids are on the Upper Fields playing with buckets full of water. While Lauren, Aaron and I are chasing Geese away with the cart, the kids are attempting to douse us with water...to no avail of course. They are no match for Hillary on a golf cart, but I did feel bad for not giving them a fair chance, so I decide to drive through the field and take a chance at getting a little wet. The first three kids offered nothing but a little splash. I'm thinking this is great. They're having a blast and I'm not getting...BAM, Nick (AKA Scooter) gets a direct hit and we're soaked. Yep, denim and a heavy polo simply dripping wet. I'm just glad there was no chaffing. Yuk! But the kids thought it was great and that was the point, right?

Really have to go now, Owen's sitting here begging for a snack. Of course when you ask him what he wants for a snack, he just says "SSNNNNACCKK." Not helpful at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun at camp! We'll see you at the new house on Sunday! :-) Have fun packing it all up. Hope you get to sleep tonight!!