Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Owen's Three!

Today, August 6th, 2008 is Owen's third birthday. Amazing isn't it? Not that he made it to three, but that I did. I still can't believe that three years ago today, at this exact moment, I was trying desperately to avoid a C-section. Despite my failure in that area, I've had the precious opportunity to be a mom to not one fabulous child, but two (not to mention the one of the way).

I have to admit that though I knew his birthday was the 6th and I knew it was this week, it just didn't occur to me that it was TODAY. If I had, I would have planned it better, but God did that for me. Today just happened to be our Playgroup, so I just brought a cupcake cake, some balloons and some candles. It also just so happened that everyone on the evite list, and then some, decided to be there today, so it really was like the perfect birthday party. Owen may have had a bit too much sugar, as I still hear him playing in his room when he's supposed to be napping. But what's a birthday without too much sugar? Really! It's just once a year.

Lesson learned: I need to transition back into being a full-time mom. I'm not sure I've been that in a long while, probably since I went to Georgia. In all honesty, I think I've just been skating by for months. I'm slowly getting my bearings back, figuring out this new house, new location, and new routines. It's helps to be writing again. Glad to be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. We missed that good old Foster wit. Congrats on the new house.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Owen!