Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Day, Another Day Pregnant!

Well folks D-Day is less than 48 hours away. I really do feel like I'm on a countdown of some kind, but I'm not really sure what we're counting down too. My friend, who is a Doula, told me that third babies tend to be more finicky than the others. They don't follow the patterns of their previous siblings. That's it! I'm putting my foot down. No more third babies. This is it!

This same Doula friend spent over an hour working pressure points in my hands and feet this morning, hoping to stimulate labor. I have been having contractions, but lets face it, I've pretty much been in labor for the last 6 weeks. That said, I am extremely grateful for her kindness and willingness to serve (good thing I took a shower last night though and my feet don't sweat much).

Here's the good news. I sent an email to my doc to see what the outcome was of the "Induction discussion." You know the one where all the docs get together and decide if they're willing to risk breaking my water before they reach for the scalpel. The verdict is in (drum roll please)...YES! Though you probably guessed that since I led in with the good news piece, but that's beside the point. They are also willing to let me go to 41 weeks, but I'm pretty sure we'll schedule the "induction" before that point. I'm so ready to be done, but we'll have to see what happens on Thursday. Hopefully there has been a little more progress in dilation and breaking my water would be a natural next step maybe even on Friday, which would work better for Clare who is watching my kids for me.

In the meantime, I hope these braxton hicks I've been having round the clock kick into labor and little Madison pops out all on her own because that really is the best way. Tonight is Kid's Night at CFA, a time I look forward to every week.

Right now though I'd really like to take a nap, but since neither of my two little monsters think they should, I am unable to actually close my eyes. Seriously, what is it about kids? When you really want or even need them to do one thing, they insist of doing another? It's actually quite annoying. Don't they understand that I was up late last night trying to get their sister to come out and play. Do they not understand that I took them to Connections (Women's Bible Study) this morning to poop them out so they would nap? I guess not! Oh well, who needs sleep anyways, right?

No comments: