Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A U-turn on the Road to Recovery

Not sure if that is an appropriate title or not, but it sounded good at the time. For the last few days I've been dealing with some very painful hemorrhoids that literally nothing would help. I know, gross, right? Yesterday I finally had it and called the Doc. She saw me this morning, gave me some good pain meds, and referred me to general surgery for a consult. Luckily we were able to be seen today.

To make a long story short: Good news = No surgery. Bad News = 4 days or more of Bed Rest. With two toddlers at a home and a newborn, you can imagine this was not the best news for neither Neil nor me. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right? Healing is key right now, and I'm no good to anyone in the state I'm in currently. We would all appreciate your prayers for quick recovery so I can get back to taking care of my family. Man, I tell you, if I needed anything else to convince that 3 is the right number for us, this is it. I feel like it's been one thing after another since the beginning of my third trimester. This week alone we've visited the Doc three times, and none of them were for the newborn. Not to fret though, she has her check up on Monday.

In other, happier, news. It snowed this week. I think we got like 3 inches, but it's the most snow we've seen this season. Owen couldn't wait to get out and play in it. When you asked him what he wanted to do in the snow, he'd say, "I want to build a snowman, and make a snow angel, and throw a snow ball." Of course we didn't get enough to make that snowman, but he was able to check the other two off his list. He was also a big helper to his daddy when he was cleaning off cars and shoveling off the sidewalk. Grandma took pics so I'll post those tomorrow. What else do I have to do?

2 comments:

Jo said...

I think a better title would have been:

A Painful Bump in the Road to Recovery.

HA HA HA!!!

Love you! See you tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you every day and praying for you--even more now that the recovery is u-turny!
Love you.