Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Pennington's




Merry Christmas Y’all! My name’s Madison Riley, the newest addition to the Pennington clan, as of January 17th.  My arrival changed things up, but in a good way.  Mommy was getting a little bogged down with all the boy’s pent up energy.  Now that’s the important stuff, but since I’m obligated to tell you the rest, I will. 
So we go to this church called Fusion, which used to be a service at this other church but is now becoming a plant up where we live.  Mom had to give up her job at camp to do so, but apparently it was worth it, something about a community.  I don’t get what all the fuss is about yet, but I do like hanging out with the other babies in the nursery.  Owen and Blake talk about their friend Jesus a lot.  I think it’s a little weird that they sing songs about a guy I can’t see, but Mommy says I’ll get it someday.  I sure hope so.

What else?  We traveled to Georgia in June to celebrate my GG-Daddy & GG-Mommy’s 60th wedding anniversary.  It was cool to meet all these people for the first time, & I totally got to be the center of attention, especially to my Aunt Becca.  We also took a really long trip in August, and spent a week with Grandma and Grandpa at the beach Florida (a first for Blake and me).  Then we dropped off O and B at Nana and Papa’s and Daddy, Mommy, and I hung out in Charleston for a few days before heading up to spend time with their college buds in NC. We also went down to Georgia at Thanksgiving.  Every time we leave this place, we go there.  They say they miss their family, Zaxby’s, sweet tea and bean and corn casserole.  Weird, huh?
Owen’s  4 now and goes to school 4 days a week.  He’ll be going to Kindergarten in the Fall. Mommy fills up our social calendar with this mom’s group she started.  We think it was a rebound from camp, but it works well for all of us.  Blake’s definitely in the terrible two’s.  He’s clingy and whiny, but Mommy says he’s just too adorable to sell on the black market. Daddy’s trying to get him to go potty, so he doesn’t have to change his diaper anymore.  Since B got his stubbornness from Daddy, you can imagine how well that’s going. 

Mommy dove into the world of politics (also a rebound from camp), but really enjoys it.  I think it helps her keep an identity outside of mommyhood.  Now she is the Communications Director for a local county council campaign.  She also manages 4 blogs, which is no small feat, but given how much she loves to write, it’s a good fit.  Daddy keeps himself busy with projects around the house.  He single handedly chopped up firewood from a 100 foot tree they took down in our back yard.  After Christmas, he’ll be working with Papa on a play set in the backyard (thanks Nana & Papa).   He’s been out kayaking a few times as well.  He can’t wait to take O and B, and someday me too.  He tried to get them out once or twice, but they never really got off the shore.  I’m thinking I’m going to have to show those boys a thing or two as soon as I’m big enough to fit in a life jacket and hold onto a paddle.  
That’s about it, 2009 in a nutshell.  From our crazy family to yours, we hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a super cool New Year. 

No comments: