Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Couch Hangover

I admit it.  I had a little too much couch last night, and now I am paying the price.  Cranky, tired, and all kinked up.  Well, let's just say it's not how I envisioned starting off this day.  Actually I didn't exactly envision a slumber party on the couch either, but some things can not be avoided. 

So no, I didn't get in a fight with my husband sending me to my tortuous demise.  Believe it or not, I got kicked out of my bed by none other than my middle son.  I know, I know, Everybody knows how much I hate having kids in my bed, but this was a special circumstance.  See, I decided to stay up a little later than normal (which is sadly becoming the norm) to catch up on a couple of my shows.  I'm pretty sure the coffee I had around 4:00 in the afternoon was the culprit of that poor decision.  Anyways, around 11:30, Blake starting crying, only it sounded a bit off.  It didn't take me long to figure out that this was going to be a rough night.  As I reached down to tuck him in and calm him down, I immediately noticed the heat radiating from his head.  Yep, it was going to be one of those nights. About the time I got him calmed down and back to sleep, I heard Madison stirring.  "Ah, she'll go back to sleep," I thought.  And I made my way downstairs to turn off the lights and then head to bed.  Guess what?  She didn't quiet down and Blake was back to crying as well.  I managed to get them both calmed down and was making my way to the stairs when Blake started up again.   I'm at that point where all I want to do is close my eyes, and it was beginning to look like there would be no rest for the weary.  But that's my job, right? 

At this point, Blake had a pretty rough fever, and Madison was on the stir again.  So I did the only thing I could do at the time.  I picked him up and took him to Daddy in bed before heading back to deal with Madison.  By 1:30, there was silence in the house, minus the various levels of snoring coming from my three little bears.  Finally, I could get some sleep.  I head up stairs, throw on my sweats and start to climb in bed.  But there's a Blake sleeping soundly on my pillow. 

So, do you see now how I ended up cranky, tired, and all kinked up?  It's what I'm calling a couch hangover.  It should be a really fun day.  Just so you know, Blake woke up this morning with no fever, but we'll stay quarantined just in case. 

Wow, you'd think I would have written about the myriad of other things that I have happened since I last blogged, but that's what's on my mind.  Fair enough!

No comments: