Friday, March 20, 2009

A Glitch in My Merci!


As you know I recently had a baby, a beautiful baby girl, and with new babies comes a wide variety of gifts and well wishes, delicious meals and welcome visitors. Not that I have a lot of free time, but I have been diligently working on my thank you cards on and off for two months. Yes, I know I technically have a year, but the longer I wait, the less it probably means to the recipient of said thank you card. To date, I've written almost 20 cards, but I'd probably only given them to 3 or 4 people. The rest were sitting in my purse ready for delivery, at least until Friday when I leaned over to pick up my purse and emptied my water bottle into it instead (not on purpose). Thankfully my phone was in my hand, but the thank you cards suffered a fate worse than the shredder.


Let me just tell you what this does to my motivation levels. Until this unfortunate event, I only had a handful of cards left to write. Now I have to start at square one, and to be honest, I have no idea who actually got a card (not like there were many). Needless to say, I'll be spending whatever free time I can carve out attempting to rewrite the cards already written as well as the ones that never were. I take great pride in writing thank you cards, something my grandmother instilled in me from birth, attempting to be creative and making sure the sentiment is true and genuine.


So why the confession of unfortunate events? I just wanted those of you who gave Madison cute little outfits or gift cards that bought her a few cloth diapers that your "Merci's" are coming...it just might literally take me a year. But let me assure you that Madison is adorable naturally, but all the pretty, frilly outfits just make her even more so. As always I feel so supported and loved. So until you receive your actual card, I'd just like to say "thank you."

No comments: