Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fluff


I know, I know...three posts in one night. Crazy, isn't it? So many times I get these ideas in my head about different posts I want to do, but I rarely get to do them all. Since writing is so therapeutic for me, I thought it only appropriate to write about whatever floats my boat as part of my Sabbath. I don't exactly get a whole lot of chill time, so this is my excuse to sit back, kick up my feet, and go for it. So I hope you get a chance to read the other two entries from tonight. I'd really like to do one more, but I'm not sure my eyes will stay open long enough.

So fluff? What is fluff? Well, to be honest, it's a low calorie bowl of yumminess. Jen turned me onto it when I was visiting in San Antonio a couple years back. Okay, fine, I'll give you the recipe at the end. It's a perfect snack, especially for those times when I'm eating because I'm frustrated or bored.

My boys love fluff, and from what she's tasted, so does Madison. Sometimes, I'll dish out a bowl for their afternoon snacktime, and watch them go to town. I just have to tell you about today's fluff experience. It's not exactly a clean food. In fact, it's down right messy. Blake woke up first from naptime, so I dipped out a bowl, and put him in his seat with a large bib. This is what he looked like after a couple bites.


Then he says, "All done, Mommy." Yes, my boy is speaking in semi-full sentences. He gets down leaving almost an entire bowl of fluff behind. Man, I remember when that boy wouldn't stop eating.

A few minutes later, Owen arose a cranky mess. He didn't want to put on pants for church, so I said, "fine, then you don't get to eat the Fluff that is sitting on the table as we speak." Before I finished that statement, he was dressed and sitting at the table with spoon in hand. "Don't get any on you. Fluff can be quite messy." "Fluff is messy, Mommy?" I nodded my head and went back to what I was doing. Before I knew it, Owen had grabbed a bib and climbed up into Blake's seat.


Needless to say, there is never a dull moment at the Pennington's. These boys keep me busy, and most of the time, exhausted.

Fluff (1 pt per cup)

1 can crushed pineapple

2 boxes of Sugar Free, Fat Free Cheesecake Pudding (or Vanilla)

Mix these two together, then add:

1 can Mandarin Oranges

1 32 oz. container of Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt

Fold in:

1 8 oz container of Cool Whip Free

Voila...Fluff, my guiltless pleasure & a constant source of hilarity with my boys. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Ok I am having a problem. I found another recipe almost exactly like your online that called for 16 oz ea cool whip and yogurt and also said it was 1 point fluff. but the math just doesn't work. I put it in WW recipie builder w/ 16 oz yogurt and 8 oz cool whip and I get 29 points for 8 cups. That makes 3 points per cup. What did I miss? Can you verify at your next meeting please