Monday, October 12, 2009

At The Center of It All

A little over a month ago, I was still sitting on the fence debating whether or not to dibble dabble in local politics.  Now, not only do I regularly and solely (for now) update the PVRC blog, I am also the Communications Director for the Whisler for County Council campaign.  I know, right?  Crazy!  Some people say that Christian's shouldn't be involved in politics, and to be honest, I think this is what kept me on the fence for so long.  Well that and the fact that 98% of my time was taken up by my roles as mom and camp director.  It's still weird to me how quickly it all changed, almost as if the hole left by camp was immediately in by other things, mostly More than Moms and politics. And I can't take credit for any of it, which is a good thing.  It was too fast and too specific to be any of my doing.  The last time I remember the tiles falling into place like this was when I started camp.  God has made it clear that he is all up in the stuff in my life.  Actually, I can barely keep up.

It hasn't been an easy road though.  When life is on fast forward, it takes me a while to figure out a schedule, a routine that fits our life.  And without structure, life is more like spaghetti junction (shout out to Atlanta) then a well oiled machine.  It's taken me time to figure out how to juggle these different roles.  There are so many of them.  My time with God has been sporatic at best, not because I don't want to, but more because I'm still figuring this all out.  This morning, I drug my butt out of bed at 6:00 am, got a shower, made my coffee, and spent time in the Word.  It felt so good, so refreshing.  I realized that in these new endeavors, time with God is a crucial necessity.  Satan wants me to be distracted, caught up in all the newness and excitement that I forget the why behind it all.  To that I say, "Get thee behind me Satan," at least for today.  Tomorrow will bring with it a whole new set of struggles. Heck, ten minutes from now will bring a whole new set of struggles.  But at least for now, my mind is centered on the prize, focused on the goal, on Him who has given me life, purpose, and direction.  "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 27:4

If you think about it, ask me if each day if I spent time with God.  Man, I miss those days back at Georgia College when I could run into a friend in SAGA (the Cafeteria) and they would ask about my quiet time.  What accountability! And if you happen to be praying and you think of me, could you pray for the different hats I wear, as a wife, a mom, a mom's group organizer, a communications director, a church planter, and a community association VP?  Just pray that at the center of all of that stands the One who created it all.

No comments: