Monday, October 5, 2009

Say Cheese

It's a struggle getting out of the house with three kids anytime, but when you're actually trying to get somewhere...good luck.  Thankfully, my MIL was there to help.  I'm not sure I would have attempted this on my own.

A few weeks back, I found a coupon for a free portrait package at The Picture People and it just happened to expire on the 4th.  Since Owen's started back to school, it's been a little difficult to find the time to get there.  Well, there was this one time I carved out the entire day and ended up at Arundel Mills where they no longer have The Picture People.  Regardless, I finally found the time. I guess I didn't realize the importance of an appointment.  I tried to call a couple times, but it just rang, so I thought I'd just show up.  They were, however, gracious enough to fit us in.

Wouldn't you know that the minute it was their turn to strike a pose, the boys suddenly decided to catch stage fright? Madison, on the other hand, loved the camera.  She ate it up.  After about twenty minutes and 30 different shots, we were done and off to wait for our results.  Now I have to be honest, I bribed my kids.  I bought a couple chocolate dipper at H Mart and dangled them behind the camera to coax out a smile.  Shameless I know, but it was totally worth it.



Of course I had to snap a few pics of Owen and Blake enjoying their special treat.  Though a few of the professional pictures turned out good, sometimes I think the candids are just all around better.  But I got my free package and a couple sheets for the fam.  I'm sure my MIL enjoyed the whole experience as well.  All in all, I'd say it was a fun outing with lasting results (aka the pics).

No comments: