Friday, May 23, 2008

The Nasties

This morning I am praying that the events of yesterday culminated from a stomach bug and not from this baby growing in my tummy. I've managed to make it through two pregnancies without getting "sick" in the truest sense of the word. Sure I had nausea and food adversions, but never had to deal with the actual act of throwing up. Yesterday, midday, I began to feel the tightness in my belly and knew it wasn't going to end well. As per usual, I was right :)! What a miserable day. By 11:30 last night, after several pepto bismal pills, I was able to climb into bed and got a good night's sleep. So, now we'll just have to see what today brings. Please, please, please just be a stomach bug. I don't think I can go through that everyday. And let me just say that it wasn't your normal morning sickness where it comes on quickly. It was painful and tight, and I didn't like it one bit. That was a fun story, wasn't it.

Neil is taking the day off today to work on the house. Our objectives for the day are: get the new front door installed, paint the front deck, move the "junk" to the storage unit (that we don't actually have yet), plant the plants and flowers in the front yard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I had bouts of actually getting sick with Morgan, but not Zachariah. Maybe it's a GIRL!!!! :) Okay, not to get your hopes up. I do hope that it doesn't last long and it was only a brief 24 hr thing.

Chrissy :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it was a once and done thing for you!! And me too! ;-) I have been eating bananas and toast all morning because I was feeling just like I felt on Tuesday. Yuck.

Good luck getting all your stuff done! If you want help, give me a call....We're heading to Annapolis in a bit for the doctor's appointments. We'll be done around 4-4:30. :-)

FWIW, I was actually sick once with Ashleigh, and so far once with this one...so maybe you'll be one and done!

Stephanie 'n James said...

Hey...you held down that egg sandwich : ) Plants looked great and you did a great job helping. Remember to WATER them : )