Monday, June 29, 2009

First Day

The staff are trained. The kids are registered, and the clock is ticking. Yep, it's 5:44 am and I'm lounging on my porch, sipping on my coffee, and trying to cool down from a quick run. Camp officially starts in T minus 3 hours and 15 minutes. Crazy, isn't it? Crazy how you can plan for and work hard towards something for so long, that when it finally gets here, it's almost surreal. Sure, it hasn't been easy. Even at the last minute, Satan thrown in his curve balls.

Our shirts aren't ready, and won't be til later this week. But that's okay, we've pulled together enough of last year's shirts for our staff to wear. It will just make it all the more exciting when they get here.

The Scout project sand box is not ready, but that's okay too. We'll just throw out a swimming pool full of sand and some toys. They'll never know the difference.

Turns out the church is closed this Friday because it's a federal holiday, but it's still okay. We're still having camp and our cookout.

Seriously, I'm thinking not much could stop us now. But I'm pretty sure that's not going to stop the enemy from trying.

If you have a chance today (and you happen to be reading this), please lift us up in prayer. This summer, we have over 300 campers coming to camp and just about 20 staff. Believe me, we could use the prayer. Today, pray specifically for our counselors. It's easier for me. I know what to expect...mostly. They have no idea. Pray that they come filled to the brim with the love of Christ, ready to pour out into thirsty campers.

Thanks for letting me take my blog hostage this summer. I did an outlet and this is the best way for me to do it. Oh and pray for my kids. It's hard on them to go from seeing mom all day, every day to intermittently throughout the day. Especially lift up Owen who will become a camper today. Technically he's a little young, so we'll have to see how he does. But pray for him to grow as a person this summer.

In His Grace,

No comments: