Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shameless Plea...Again

This week has been amazing. Normally, camp registrations slow down at the end of May, beginning of June, but not at Grace Adventures. In the past two days, we've had 7 kids register for camp making up 20 weeks of camp. Plus I know of 3 more (11 weeks) coming in the next day or so. And the most amazing part of this is that most of these kids are not connected to Grace. They are friends of friends of Grace members, or they randomly found us online. This is our vision lived out, and it's the most amazing thing. I know, I'm saying amazing a lot, but sometimes I'm dumbfounded by the very grace of God.

With this influx comes some even more exciting news...an increase in scholarship requests. Now Hillary, how in the world is a scholarship request exciting? Because when people (especially those not connected to the church) request a scholarship, you get to meet them and have the opportunity to invest in their lives on a deeper level. Duh, you have the unique opportunity to build a relationship with the entire family.

Michelle and I, along with our entire vision team, feel like it would be wrong to turn people away just because of a little thing like money. And so far, we haven't, but as I finished a conversation with a single mom today, I panicked. How are we going to pay for these scholarships? Granted, we don't just give away camp. We require something of everyone who wants to come to camp, and the vast majority of these moms are digging into their mattresses to be able to have their children in our program. The least we could do is meet them halfway.

So here is where you come in. Please pray with us that God would provide the money we need to make sure that everyone He wants to be at camp can and will be there. I believe in providence. This is God's camp, always has been and always will be. I believe He has sent these families to us, and I am excited to see what He does in their lives as well as mine because of it.

Also pray for us as a leadership team, that we would have the faith to trust in His provision. Man, that is hard sometimes. I'm such a problem solver. I want to fix things, but sometimes (okay, a lot of times) God puts us in situations that are purposefully beyond our control. So please pray with us, and if you feel God has called you to give a little, you can do so on our website. Not that I'm asking, but yeah, I guess I am.

Thanks for joining me in this effort. If you know me at all, then you know that my heart is eternally tied to camping ministry, most specifically Grace Adventures Day Camp. I can't wait to be able to blog through out the Summer about all that God is doing. I hope you'll join me on that venture as well.

No comments: