Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two or More

Talk about tunnel vision. I'm so enthralled in camp that I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the world around me. My mom calls me tonight and says, "Did you hear about Michael Jackson?" I'm thinking, oh great, what did he do now? "He's dead." It's amazing how your tune changes when the death enters the picture. No matter how you feel about a man, you still mourn for his humanity. She proceeds to tell me about Farrah Faucet as well. Did you know she was 62? My dad was 62. Not that there is any tie in, just stuck out in my mind. What a week for Hollywood. Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson, & Farrah Faucet...big names and they're all gone. Isn't that just a bit surreal? And to think that I was hanging out with 20 people all day long and not a one of us had a clue. We're literally in our own little world. It's called camp.

Today began with us fingerprinting our entire staff. Yep, it's actually required by law for us to fingerprint all of our staff. While we were waiting for the last few to finish up, we dove into the Word, studying our theme verse for the Summer, John 4:14. "But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never thirst. No, the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." Let me tell you what I like about our staff, they really dove in with me. Sure, it took a few minutes to warm up, but by the end we had participation. Jesus said that where two or more are gathered, He is right there with them. I'm telling you, He was hanging out at Grace Adventures today. And that's really all that I can ask for. I mean, it doesn't even really bother me that I literally lived in a bubble today (except that I forgot it was my mom's birthday).

Happy Birthday Mom. You're absolutely the best.

Oh & so long Asuka & Jonathan on So You Think You Can Dance. You weren't really my favorites, so I'm not too sad. Aren't I mean?

Bedtime! 5:30 comes early. Let's hope I have enough energy to go running in the morning.

No comments: