Monday, December 29, 2008

Pennington Christmas Letter 08


Merry Christmas everyone. Owen Crawford here to tell y’all about this past year at the Pennington house. Let’s see, where do I start? Every year begins with January, and it was cold, but not too much snow for us to play in. Blake and I are both hoping to build a snowman this winter, and maybe go ice skating on our new pond. Oh wait, I’m getting ahead of myself.

On Easter, Mom, Blake and I went to Nana & Papa’s in Augusta, GA, and stayed a really long time. Mommy spent a lot of time with her Dad, but Blake and I couldn’t go because he was sick. Then one day (April 15) Mommy was really sad and she told us that Granddad went to Heaven. Daddy showed up the next day, which was cool because we hadn’t seen him in ages. We spent a few more days in Georgia visiting with more family (like Grandma), and even saw our cousin Josh get married. Mommy and Daddy went to say “goodbye” to Grandad before we headed back home to Maryland five weeks after we left.

Mommy was still very sad for a while. Daddy and her friends planned a surprise 30th birthday party to cheer her up, but the biggest surprise came around May 5th when Mommy found out she was going to have another baby. Guess what? Blake and I are going to have a little sister. Right now she is in Mommy’s belly, but we’re thinking she’ll come out and play soon. Daddy keeps telling us that we used to be in Mommy’s belly, but that can’t be. You can’t eat animal crackers or grapes in there, and I don’t think I’d ever live anywhere without snacks. We all know that Blake wouldn’t. Mommy says we’re eating her out of house and home, which brings me to my next point.

We moved. We sold our old house and moved to “Owen’s new house” in Catonsville. It’s a pretty cool house with lots of space for us to play. Right now, Blake and I have our own rooms, but Blake’s moving in with me to make room for Madison. Mommy and Daddy sleep upstairs, and Mat sleeps downstairs. No, Mat is not my imaginary friend. He is Clare’s (Mommy’s friend) fiancé and is renting a room from us until they get married. Mat lets us play games on his computer and makes us homemade Mac & Cheese, so he’s pretty cool. Oh, did I mention that we have a fish pond in the fenced-in back yard?

In other news, Mommy started Grace Adventures Day Camp at our church, and the first summer was awesome. I know, because we were there. Next year, I get to actually be a camper. Cool, huh? Daddy’s still testing alcohol and getting paid to do it. He also kayaks, but doesn’t combine the two. He took me canoeing once, but since I freaked out in the water, Mommy and Daddy thought it would be fun if I learned how to swim. I’ve been taking lessons for months now, and am quite good if I say so myself. I also started going to school a couple days a week, and I get to swim everyday. Blake’s taking swim lessons too, but he’s not as good as me.

I’m sure I left out a whole bunch of stuff, but you can keep up with us by following Mommy’s blog at http://www.hillsofchaos.blogspot.com/. All of us here at the Pennington house, including Reese the dog, hope y’all have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
THE END

No comments: