Sunday, September 20, 2009

God, What are you doing?

A few months ago, my pastor, TJ, told me to pray, "God, what are you doing?"  As opposed to always asking why, this way I'm asking God to reveal His plan.

Sometimes I just have to sit back and watch.  What else can I do?  Right now, I feel like my life is on autopilot, or God-pilot.  I'm not sure even how to explain it.  If you had asked me two weeks ago if I would be where I am today, I would have thought you were crazy.  Then again, you might actually be crazy, so there you go.

Regardless, it's crazy.  Two weeks ago, or a little more than, I was a mom and a camp director.  I had very little time left over for anything else, including play group, politics or neighborhood associations.  When I "resigned" from camp, it was almost as if I was walking down a path in the woods and suddenly it opened up into a large, beautiful, open meadow, a clearing per say.  The box shattered into a million pieces.  Suddenly, I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm absolutely positive that the Lord is all up in it.

First, there is More than Moms.  Wow did that take off?  I never realized there was such a need for an organized, community like group until I created it.  There are some hungry moms out there, and I am one of them.

Then there is politics, something I've struggled with for a long time.  Finally, I felt the freedom to throw in my hat (not that I actually wear one), and I've found the doors opening left and right.  I'm able to write, which is super fun, for the local Republican blog.  I'm planning events for candidates...okay, just one for now.

And now there is the neighborhood association.  I know, I know.  I said I would only do one, either politics or the association, but as long as it doesn't interfere in my priorities, why can't I do it all.  Wait a second, Hillary, I thought you were frustrated with the board.  I was, I am, but in a conversation with the seated president this afternoon, I found that I can actually have more of an impact on the neighborhood if I'm part of the board.  Plus, it helps that Susan asked me to run for Vice President (not that it's a competitive election or anything).  I talked it over with Neil and we decided it was a good idea.  You know I'm always full of ideas and this way, I actually have a forum to voice some of those ideas (and even the power to implement some).

Still not sure what God is doing, but I have a strong feeling that all of these things are connected.  One day I'll look back and go "ooooohhhh, now I get it."  Until then, I'm simply going to enjoy the ride.  It always makes me feel good to know that my God-given talents are being put to use.  I guess one could say I like to be used.

No comments: