Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One of THEM Days

Today was as the title states, one of them days, a day when your kids are destined to test every last nerve you have, a day when whining seems synonymous with breathing, a day when you wished you wouldn't look freakish if you actually did pull out all of your hair.  That was my day.  Guess when it started?  Nope, you're wrong, it was 4 am.  Sadly it wasn't the child screaming downstairs that woke me up, it was my nose running constantly through the night like a leaky faucet.  In fact, it was because I had just been up blowing my nose that I felt obligated to take care of one screaming Blake.

I don't know why Blake randomly starts crying in the middle of the night. It's not every night, and most of the time, we can change his diaper, get him a drink of water, and tuck him back into bed.   I tried this routine several times this morning to no avail.  The child didn't fall back asleep until just about 6:00, and by then, why bother trying to catch a few zzz's.  Of course if I had known that the rest of the brood was going to sleep in until 8:30, I would have rethunk my previous thought.

Despite the fact that I had been up for 4 hours, I still lost track of time (probably while watching Gossip Girl on the internet) and ended up rushing out the door at 8:50 to be at the gym by 9:00.  Needless to say I was a few minutes late, but I still managed to get in a good workout (6.9 vigorous miles on the bike in under 28 minutes).  Then the day just fell apart.  I simply lost the motivation to do anything.  Granted it is that "time" of the month, but I should have at least found the energy to take Blake to the nature center for the Butterfly event.

Honesty I flat out wasted about an hour of my day sitting in the parking lot at Target.  I did, however, run into Kohls and picked up the cutest lamp for Madison's room on clearance for about $9.  Then, and this is really the highlight of my day, I stopped by Michaels to look for scrapbooking ideas for our More than Moms scrapbooking party and ended up finding the perfect solution to bill organization.  I had been thinking of putting some kind of sorter in our dining room so I'd have a place to put "paper" that needs to be "done."  I really wanted it to have drawers basically so the clutter wouldn't be visible, seeing as it's in my dining room.  Michael's had this white, 3-drawer craft storage that was just perfect for $15; could not pass it up; had to have it. Went right home, after picking up the oldest at school, and assembled it.  I even used a screwdriver.

Now I'm getting tired, so I'll skip down to the part when the boys flooded my bathroom.  Oh no, you read right.  I was upstairs cleaning when I hear O screaming that he needs toilet paper.  Wait a second, I just put 4 whole rolls of TP in that bathroom this morning.  Lightbulb goes on and I fly down the stairs to find the bathroom completely soaked, O standing in the middle, pants down, asking for TP.  It seems that one or both of my lovely children thought it would be funny to put all 4 rolls of TP in the sink and turn it out.  The rest, as they say, is history.  I snapped.  My day had culminated in this?  Great!  I sent the boys to their room to pick it up while I cleaned up their mess (though I did have O help as much as possible).  And then I just walked away. They were not to come out until I said so, which ended up being at least 15 minutes.  Heck, it took that long for my heart beat to return to normal.

Yep, it was one of them days, and I survived!

No comments: