Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sorry to Leave You Hanging

I'm not saying my mind is any less troubled, but at the least, it's a little more stable. We accepted an offer on our house; we're officially under contract. This afternoon we'll be putting an offer down on a house in Catonsville; the right area, great school district, great deal, and needs some work. So it's not ideal, but really, what is? Oh yeah, the house I wanted that was snatched from underneath me, but it's not like I'm bitter or anything. Yes that house was ideal, perfectly DONE and we all know how much I wanted DONE. But it did have it's drawbacks. It was small, the same size if not smaller than our current home. It also didn't solve the problem we have now of having the kids on a different floor as us. And it gave Neil absolutely no projects to work on.

This other house, while not my ideal at all, offers 3 bedrooms upstairs allowing all of us to be together. It's much bigger than the one that got away, but it's far from done. However, I did get Neil to agree to gut and redo the kitchen (with a contractor) right away. All the light fixtures, door knobs, outlet covers, and hardware must be replaced immediately. It's like walking through a brass santuary. Everything needs to be painted, and I mean everything, but at the deal we're getting, we could easily do it all right off the bat. With the other house as my standard, I know now what we're aiming for. So we'll be putting through the offer and see where it goes from there.

So I gave up my 15 minutes of fame to do what is best for my family, and people say I'm not willing to sacrifice. Who knows? Maybe we'll get another show to come do something at our new house. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll let you know when we do if and when we're under contract on the new house. Until then, I covet your prayers and thoughts, especially on this day that, by the way, I refuse to acknowledge. We'll be celebrating Neil on Tuesday, but today, I'm choosing to ignore the holiday. I think I'll probably come back this afternoon and write through my grief, but for now, I'll be joining my family for a nice sit down smorgousborg of a breakfast.

No comments: